| FORUM | ARCHIVE |                    | TOTAL QUIZ RESULT |


  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Buh Bye Ya'al.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Welcome stranger, click here to read about some of the great benefits of registering for a free account with us and joining us in our global online community.


Buh Bye Ya'al.

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buh Bye Ya'al.
    Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 20:30
Well it's time to move on before I get banned altogether. Any site I go to I'm always Buckskins or something close. I think the net has a few sites I'm not banned from...dunno...LOL

Bye my fellow Texans, and to those of you who have had at least had some fun reading my contributions.
A special buh bye for Graham. I really have enjoyed you.

Happy Trails.
Matthew.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Lao Tse View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Avatar
Editorial Staff

Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Status: Offline
Points: 678
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lao Tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 20:43
Zaijian!! Ni yong chui bu xiu!! Shangbie!!!
Wei Jia Hong
 
 
 
(meaning: Bye!!! You never be forgotten!! Farewell!!Cry)
在財富的害處,而是一件好事永遠不持續。我在和平中仅居住在新的風下。 Wei Jia Hong No harm in wealth, but a good thing doesn't last forever. I live only among peace under
Back to Top
Paradigm of Humanity View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Location: Konstantiniyye
Status: Offline
Points: 916
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paradigm of Humanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 21:13


Buckskins was funny Cry
Back to Top
Birddog View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 386
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 22:44
It's been fun, Buckskins. Good luck.
Back to Top
Northman View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar
~ Scylding ~

Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Points: 10379
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 22:51
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Well it's time to move on before I get banned altogether. Any site I go to I'm always Buckskins or something close. I think the net has a few sites I'm not banned from...dunno...LOL
 
Bye my fellow Texans, and to those of you who have had at least had some fun reading my contributions.
A special buh bye for Graham. I really have enjoyed you.

Happy Trails.
Matthew.
 
Don't you think it's sad Matt - you are leaving because you cannot communicate on an adult level, but continues to act like a spoiled brat with one agenda.... and refusing to get your act together...
 I find it sad that you go - but entirely YOUR choice.
 
 
 
 
 
   
   If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.    (Albert Einstein)
Back to Top
Captain Vancouver View Drop Down
Council Member
Council Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver Isle
Status: Offline
Points: 2160
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Vancouver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 02:38

Well Mr B, its been a tumultuous time.

I am offering a farewell present- a link to your local library, so that you can do some fact checking before your next cyberspace experience, and perhaps present a better face to your next virtual audience.
 
Goodbye and good luck.
 
Back to Top
Panther View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Editorial Staff

Joined: 20 Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 4541
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 03:28
Topic moved to the more appropriate community news forum. 

Edited by Panther - 27 Aug 2012 at 03:29
Back to Top
Lao Tse View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Avatar
Editorial Staff

Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Status: Offline
Points: 678
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lao Tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 04:51
Wow, I never realized I used my REAL  name in my post up there. I guess it's no big secret!!!
在財富的害處,而是一件好事永遠不持續。我在和平中仅居住在新的風下。 Wei Jia Hong No harm in wealth, but a good thing doesn't last forever. I live only among peace under
Back to Top
Lao Tse View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Avatar
Editorial Staff

Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Status: Offline
Points: 678
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lao Tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 04:53
Originally posted by Paradigm of Humanity Paradigm of Humanity wrote:



Buckskins was funny Cry
 
Ok, that is a little dramatic, but ok then LOL
在財富的害處,而是一件好事永遠不持續。我在和平中仅居住在新的風下。 Wei Jia Hong No harm in wealth, but a good thing doesn't last forever. I live only among peace under
Back to Top
4ZZZ View Drop Down
Knight
Knight


Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 81
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ZZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 06:52
And try and read what people say to you while on your internet travels. FWIW I tend to speak like Alexander Downer and do not use colloquialisms unless taking the piss or abusing the white maggots (or is it green) when supporting by beloved Brisbane Lions. I showed my son your final reply and he had a chuckle.  
Back to Top
Parnell View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Location: Barcelona
Status: Offline
Points: 3227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 18:11
Your all being a little harsh here. Sure, I'm mostly motivated by the fact that the guy said one of my posts was '5 stars' in the Irish Famine thread, and am a fool for flattery Big smile (Assuming he wasn't been sarcastic, which would just make me feel terrible!)

But anyway, best of luck Buckskins. You were an antagonist, and an antagonist is never popular, but every website needs a pariah.
http://xkcd.com/15/



Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~George Bernard Shaw
Back to Top
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 3529
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 01:44
Goodbye, Matt. I would encourage you to read the CoC and try to reintegrate into the community. Immediately after your return from your most recent suspension, you showed a great deal of promise. I assure you that after enough time has passed in mature conversation and mutually respectful dialogue, the members of this forum community will accept you. That said, much of your conduct in recent days was unacceptable. We do have a Code of Conduct which all members are expected to abide by. There is latitude, but repeated infractions bring more scrutiny. I would encourage you to give it some time, review the CoC, and to take it easy for a while if you ever rejoin.
 
During my first few days on this forum, I sought after threads and topics where I had an axe to grind, as well as contentious threads in general. As time passed, however, I got to know the members of this community, and have felt at home ever since. What I needed (I was not very mature as far as the internet went, in those days, it being so new to me) was a break from arguments, charged discussions, and the like. I actually started several strictly history threads and engaged many of the members in dialogue. Through the process I made numerous friends who remain so to this day. There really is a lot this community can offer you. If you wish, I would be more than willing to communicate with you through PM if you ever decide to come back, to explain my early experience here.
 
-Akolouthos, Council Chairman

Edited by Akolouthos - 28 Aug 2012 at 01:44
Back to Top
Panther View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Editorial Staff

Joined: 20 Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 4541
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 07:56
Originally posted by es_bih es_bih wrote:

Well peace on your journey, its a good thing my favorite Texan is still kickin' on this forum. Yes you Panther :)


Thanks Es_bih Approve Eat your heart out Buskskins...nyah, nyah Moon

Just kidding... Happy trails Bucky. Smile


Back to Top
Centrix Redux View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai
Avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Location: Archuleta Mesa
Status: Offline
Points: 124
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrix Redux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 10:25
Originally posted by Akolouthos Akolouthos wrote:

Goodbye, Matt. I would encourage you to read the CoC and try to reintegrate into the community. Immediately after your return from your most recent suspension, you showed a great deal of promise. I assure you that after enough time has passed in mature conversation and mutually respectful dialogue, the members of this forum community will accept you. That said, much of your conduct in recent days was unacceptable. We do have a Code of Conduct which all members are expected to abide by. There is latitude, but repeated infractions bring more scrutiny. I would encourage you to give it some time, review the CoC, and to take it easy for a while if you ever rejoin.
 
During my first few days on this forum, I sought after threads and topics where I had an axe to grind, as well as contentious threads in general. As time passed, however, I got to know the members of this community, and have felt at home ever since. What I needed (I was not very mature as far as the internet went, in those days, it being so new to me) was a break from arguments, charged discussions, and the like. I actually started several strictly history threads and engaged many of the members in dialogue. Through the process I made numerous friends who remain so to this day. There really is a lot this community can offer you. If you wish, I would be more than willing to communicate with you through PM if you ever decide to come back, to explain my early experience here.
 
-Akolouthos, Council Chairman
 
 
 
 
Well done Buckskins...Thumbs Upsaw the light eh. Surprised it took so long.
 
 
Contrary to the  patronizing rhetoric and innuendo of the first para presented above (not to mention the rude commentary and inane advice of the little minded; such as once again provided by Doc Vancouver above; which is always acceptable to the staff here) the rule of thumb here is unless your an attempted and feigned intellectualist with a liberal euro and or Canadian socialist bent.
And behave in a mindless and sycophantic acceptance of their positions...your a nobody. Even poor Panther is merely tolerated as the token moderate. Why? they need a whipping boy who still is in their pocket...take him out, dust him off and then insult and impinge his motivation and commentary at will
(Whoops do I smell Doc Vancouver slinking through the door again?).
 
Poor sod either  he enjoys that role or it's his covert effort to help maintain the staus quo. That's why this community remains small and insignificant in the internet world of history and blog sites.
 
 
Latitude? Acceptance and requirement of adherence to the Coc by all? Akolouthos.
 
 
Nonsense. The only latitude extended here is to the aforementioned cliquiests who inhabit and stroke their mutual egos. Acceptance and requirement of adherence? Not by them.
 
It's best summarized by a partial statement I made a few weeks ago......
 
 
I sincerely doubt anything of a positive fashion in endorsing and enforcing the Coc will be enacted versus those who launched unnecessary personal attacks against me. For you see .. nothing of note has changed here nor even after the schism with the original AE. Of which the large majority of your older membership was involved with.
Those involved are to closely allied with the political and ideological positions of your ownership and vast majority of the staff. Which is to say the clique that was at AE remains here. Objectivity and the allowance of counter viewpoint without personal attacks and immediate overt rejection-ism and ridicule is to far ingrained. And, I might add, overtly expected and accepted.
As such the objective credibility of staff actions remains nil..and I might add widely known among history bloggers-forums on the net. To include many whom have left your ship for others.
 
 
And that's who and what this alleged objective forumLOLLOLLOL is and has remained.
Back to Top
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 3529
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 11:37

I will note that that while I am sure I have been called a "feigned intellectualist" before, this is certainly the first time I have been described as one with a "liberal euro or Canadian socialist bent." LOL

 
The tone on the forum -- and this isn't just limited to the staff -- is certainly predominantly liberal, but that is more an accident of who has joined over the years than it is the result of any deliberate action on the part of the staff. Having taken part in hiring decisions for the past five years or so, I can assure you that I have never witnessed political bias playing any role in the hiring or firing of staff members. Disciplinary decisions are carried out uniformly according to the CoC, though prior violations are taken into account; politics simply isn't a factor.
 
-Akolouthos, Council Chairman
Back to Top
Centrix Redux View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai
Avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Location: Archuleta Mesa
Status: Offline
Points: 124
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrix Redux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:09
Originally posted by Akolouthos Akolouthos wrote:

I will note that that while I am sure I have been called a "feigned intellectualist" before, this is certainly the first time I have been described as one with a "liberal euro or Canadian socialist bent." LOL

 
The tone on the forum -- and this isn't just limited to the staff -- is certainly predominantly liberal, but that is more an accident of who has joined over the years than it is the result of any deliberate action on the part of the staff. Having taken part in hiring decisions for the past five years or so, I can assure you that I have never witnessed political bias playing any role in the hiring or firing of staff members. Disciplinary decisions are carried out uniformly according to the CoC, though prior violations are taken into account; politics simply isn't a factor.
 
-Akolouthos, Council Chairman
 
 
The first part of that is mere obfuscation...and distortion of reality....the last five words? To be expected. And confirms what is thought of you and this forum's political-idealogical makeup and staff. Demonstrated by the near uniform disregard for objective counter arguments and or positions; without resorting to belittlement, insults, rude speech and tone and your denial of the same. Which is to say a lie.
 
You do as noted give preference and that also is expected here.....as long as you bend to the party line. You do not enforce the CoC with partialityor uniformity. Iow. You have been made... by past members who have left and gone elsewhere and continue to inform would be new members here to not bother.
 
The only ones who remain deluded are you and your cohorts....and those who wish to join your pathetic sycophantic ranks and seek recognition from fellow cliquiests.
 
You are neither historians nor scholars but you are wannabes....and that has never impressed anyone.
Back to Top
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 3529
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:25
You see right through me, Centrix. It is rough being such a shill. Sometimes it is difficult for me to get out of bed in the morning, put on my leash, and hand the business end to North or to one of the others among my more politically orthodox betters. I would assume that Panther feels the same, but I would not presume to speak for him -- only the Admins and approved members of the moderating staff are permitted to do that now. (You see, he ventured a heretically conservative opinion one too many times several weeks back, and the rest of the staff had him lobotomized and seized his account as a result. It is out of fear that the same might happen to me that I have fallen ever more surely into line with the prevailing party orthodoxy. SHHH! Don't let them know I told you!) Shocked
 
The one thing that lets me go on living is knowing that while I may be a pathetic, wannabe, deluded, and rude, lying sycophant, there are mature members who will set my ilk straight, without needing to resort to insult. I thank you.
 
At least my masters take me out of their pockets every now and again. It is small consolation, but it is consolation nonetheless. Wink
 
-Akolouthos, Council Chairman


Edited by Akolouthos - 30 Aug 2012 at 12:25
Back to Top
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:28
I love it how I'm a member of a forum that has a lot to offer, so I don't feel the need to spice up my day by going on other peoples' forum and launching personal attacks.

Must suck to be that bored.
Back to Top
Parnell View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Location: Barcelona
Status: Offline
Points: 3227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 18:52
I agree, this forum is full of pinko communists. They're probably all homosexual as well. Times certainly have changed. Oh yeah, 'THE JEWS'. Thumbs Down
http://xkcd.com/15/



Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~George Bernard Shaw
Back to Top
gcle2003 View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
PM Honorary Member

Joined: 06 Dec 2004
Location: Luxembourg
Status: Offline
Points: 13262
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 20:01
Why stop at simple homosexuality? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_queer
Citizen of Ankh-Morpork.

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Sir Humphrey Appleby, 1984.

Back to Top
Al Jassas View Drop Down
King
King


Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5000
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 20:34
Originally posted by Centrix Redux Centrix Redux wrote:

 
 
You do as noted give preference and that also is expected here.....as long as you bend to the party line. You do not enforce the CoC with partialityor uniformity. Iow. You have been made... by past members who have left and gone elsewhere and continue to inform would be new members here to not bother.
 
There were plenty of "liberals" who were warned or even banned. Some had thousands of posts and were part of the administration. As for members who left, well they wanted to impose their own agenda by banning certain members just because they get under their skin.
 
 
Originally posted by Centrix Redux Centrix Redux wrote:

The only ones who remain deluded are you and your cohorts....and those who wish to join your pathetic sycophantic ranks and seek recognition from fellow cliquiests.
 
You are neither historians nor scholars but you are wannabes....and that has never impressed anyone.
 
Says the one who cowered from an easy challenge and never posted again.
 
Al-Jassas
Back to Top
fusong View Drop Down
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 21:30
Good riddance Gun Owning, God Fearing American!

But you were seriously funny, but if little bucky cant take the heat he can run away back to his pick up truck where scholasticism is not required....




Every ideology has a kernel of truth and sea of whitewash.
Back to Top
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 3608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 10:00
Originally posted by Centrix Redux Centrix Redux wrote:


...
Where did this come from, what's with the bitterness? If internet business is so important I suspect you'll find sweeter grapes somewhere else, fox. Smile

< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">


Edited by Styrbiorn - 31 Aug 2012 at 10:08
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.