| FORUM | ARCHIVE |                    | TOTAL QUIZ RESULT |


  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is free sex something desirable?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Welcome stranger, click here to read about some of the great benefits of registering for a free account with us and joining us in our global online community.


Is free sex something desirable?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Northern Europe
Status: Offline
Points: 4976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is free sex something desirable?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 21:27

Is it desirable to have a totally free sexuality in a society (here I mean sex between concenting adults that is not injuring  or even killing each other)? Is all kind of  sexual relations sound and desirable? One can as example of controversial such relations mention polyamorous and homosexual relations. To pay money for sex is also highly controversial in many places, also to have sex with someone even if you are married or live together with someone else.

 

Is it time for the world to dismantle all old sexual taboos and let people descide themselves what to do or not to do in their bedchambers?

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Parnell View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Location: Barcelona
Status: Offline
Points: 3225
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 00:31
As long as it is all consentful, (And by that I mean informed consent) then I as an individual have little say in what another individual does with their genitalia. I wouldn't want to have a say either, this is an issue where the state and the people shouldn't be allowed to interfere in any way other than prevent child abuse and rape, which isn't an expression of sexuality anyway. In other words, if you don't like the overly sexualised society then don't watch MTV (I don't) or read porn (I do) If you don't want to see 17 or 18 year old girls wearing belts/skirts then don't go to those kind of niteclubs (I don't) Its all about choice and consent and you largely have the free will to decide your own destiny, so don't impinge on others.
http://xkcd.com/15/



Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~George Bernard Shaw
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 01:22
Yeah, it's great, along with all of the social, emotional and physical ailments 'one' would get from it and spread through it. 



Back to Top
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Northern Europe
Status: Offline
Points: 4976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 01:55
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

Yeah, it's great, along with all of the social, emotional and physical ailments 'one' would get from it and spread through it. 



Well, physical ailments are known consequences that can be prevented by protective measures of different kinds. But what are the social ailments? And what are the emotional ones that we do not already have today?

And what are the social and emotional ailments created by sexual repression?


Edited by Carcharodon - 09 Oct 2009 at 03:14
Back to Top
Dolphin View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Avatar
Teaman to the Society of Dilettanti

Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Lindalino
Status: Offline
Points: 2765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 02:15
'Free Sex' is too hard to define.

I say as long as the concept of pervasive openness doesn't start implying normality to those who have not yet defined their role in society, and thus alter their behaviour and push them in a direction is is neither against their innate desires or a detriment to their health, then 'free sex' is okay. The problem is, MTV Aand porn are becoming so mainstream and influential, that they start skewering what is commonly viewed as 'normal', and that cannot be good for society as a whole. Porn, no matter what people say to defend it, is the natural evolution of our innate desires (which is founded mainly on Sex), with none of the nuances, social interactions, or learned decorums. Porn is an abomination, and unless it is regulated quite heavily, then there is going to be a lot of people growing up with it as a marker of what is acceptable. Unless, of course, you see the content of a lot of Porn as acceptable, but I must certainly don't. We always had ways to titillate ourselves, but with global media and mass accessibility, I believe it's going too far.


Back to Top
calvo View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain


Joined: 21 May 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 03:47
I am 100% for sexual freedom, but this does not mean the banalization of sex.

I must admit that I enjoy the sight of naked female flesh or tightly-clad feminine figures; I also enjoy having sex with whom I want (who also wants it with me); but sometimes I reckon that mainstream western society is becoming a little bit over-sexualized.
In every major blockbuster film there has to be a sex scene and all you see on MTV nowadays are highly sexualised images. For many youngsters, the definition of a "relationship" is purely sexual and nothing else.

What I also find is that society assumes everyone (especially if you're male), to be sexually active and available all the time. A man who is sexually more timid, more reserved, or more selective would often be considered as "wierd" or "abnormal"; and some might even accuse him of being homosexual or impotent.

Having sexual freedom is of great importance; but sex should always be a personal matter. I think it's wrong for soceity to dictate the sexual norms that every should follow, which evolved from "you can't have it until you're married" a few decades ago to "you must have it all the time with anyone..., or otherwise you're wierd".


Back to Top
Parnell View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Location: Barcelona
Status: Offline
Points: 3225
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 19:54
Quote We always had ways to titillate ourselves, but with global media and mass accessibility, I believe it's going too far.
 
Doesn't stop you watching it though.
 
Look, I hear and half agree with what your saying but there is also an implicit arrogance there...? (Maybe I took it up the wrong way?) Me and you are able to comprehend the difference between the real world and the porn world, but society cannot? Are people really such vegetables? - its not like porn is on every night at 9 O clock on BBC1. Its heavily regulated on TV and one has to go online to some pretty obvious 'dirty' sites to view it. Its not considered the norm, but even if it was there is very little anyone can do about it. Talking about regulating the internet is about the most futile thing anyone can do - we either adapt or survive or get left behind. Individuals can decide with a free mind and conscience if something is objectionable but dragging in legislation covering personal morality and 'tittilation', as you say, is an impotent step too far (One because its practically impossible and two because it doesn't solve much, the 'dirt' of porn is in our pysche anyway and forcing it underground will only make it more of a rush for people and more extreme)


Edited by Parnell - 09 Oct 2009 at 20:01
http://xkcd.com/15/



Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~George Bernard Shaw
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 22:42
Originally posted by Carcharodon Carcharodon wrote:

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

Yeah, it's great, along with all of the social, emotional and physical ailments 'one' would get from it and spread through it. 



Well, physical ailments are known consequences that can be prevented by protective measures of different kinds. But what are the social ailments? And what are the emotional ones that we do not already have today?

And what are the social and emotional ailments created by sexual repression?


- It's all good and well saying that there are precautions that mitigate the liklihood of vennerial diseases, however, huge numbers of primitively promiscuious low-brows don't take such precautions and are thus responsible for the huge subsequent cost on the health service in providing facilities to deal with the consequences of their irresponsible sexual antics.

- The emotional repercussions of casual sex, especially for women, are actually pretty profound.

- Socially?  Well, "free sex" has burdoned the UK with the highest teenage birth rate in the civilised world.  Children unfortunate enough to have been born in such circumstances - from immature mothers and irresponsible juvenile fathers (if they are lucky enough to have a father) - who can barely read and write themselves - will most likely turn out to be career criminals and additionally burdon society.
Back to Top
egyptian goddess View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
Avatar
AE Editor

Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 216
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egyptian goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 22:56
Originally posted by Carcharodon Carcharodon wrote:

Is it desirable to have a totally free sexuality in a society (here I mean sex between concenting adults that is not injuring  or even killing each other)? Is all kind of  sexual relations sound and desirable? One can as example of controversial such relations mention polyamorous and homosexual relations. To pay money for sex is also highly controversial in many places, also to have sex with someone even if you are married or live together with someone else.

 

Is it time for the world to dismantle all old sexual taboos and let people descide themselves what to do or not to do in their bedchambers?

 
hm. this is a bit of a hard one, and I'm a bit tired after having reviewed about 6 of my English student's essay papers but I'll try my best to be clear and concise in my views on this matter.
 
I believe that sexual relations between CONSENTING adults should not be a matter regulated by the state. However, in saying that I have my own moral arguments which would compel me to argue against some forms of 'free sex'.
 
I don't believe that homosexual relations should be sanctioned, that's straight out discrimination which I'm opposed to and I also believe that homosexual couples are entitled to equivalent political and civil rights as hetrosexual couples. However deviating away form the issue of free sex for a moment and looking at allowing marriage between homosexual couples, I don't understand why its being pushed for so enthusiasticall. yes I understand that they should be entitled to the same rights as everyone, so I understand it from that point. But if marriage is considered a religious union in the sight of God, and for example in Christianity the bible makes it clear that God is against homosexuality- then I'm bemused as to why homosexual couples are so keen to get married. A signed piece of paper would not change their love for eachother or their relationship. Sure it might make it official, but I assure you at least in Australia homosexual couples are entitled to ALL the same rights as hetrosexual couples except for marriage and adoption. So thats one point.
 
On the point of polygymous sexual relations, its the common norm that these sexual relations involve one man with multiple female partners. Now we can obviously see how demeaning that is right? Its like we are reverting the old ways when men used concubines for sexual gratification. its disgusting. Obviously that is my view considering I'm a female (duh).
 
on a similar note, paying for sex (which you've highlighted is controversial) is also wrong on the basis that often it is a man paying to have sex with a woman. and again this is just so demeaning. Sure some of these women are in extreneous circumstances which compel them to sell themselves are a tool for a man's own sexual gratification. but again I just find it disgusting and demeaning, which is probably because while I'm in no way a hardcore feminist in any sense of the word, I just don't like seeing women degrade themselves for a man.
 
Finally you refered to extramarital sexual relations and pre-marital sexual relations. On the matter of adultery... isn't it obvious. Why would someone make a promise to someone else, ensuring they'd love and honor them if they want to go have sex with other people? I would much rather prefer to see someone divorce their partner first before seeing them cheat on their partner, its just simply not fair and plain out immoral and an act of heartlessness. Again my own view. On the view of pre-marital sexual relations, I think so long as the adults are of suitable age and are both consenting they should go for it... if they are ready sure.
 
In fact I have a friend who is pretty much seeing this guy solely for sex. They refer to themselves as "sex Buddies" or the more explicit term which I'll avoid using here on AE. I've made it clear to her that I'm really strongly against what she's doing, because firstly the guy is a total tool, I don't care how hot he is... and secondly what happened to the day when sex between two consenting individuals was actually "making love". I'm not saying that you should love every person you have sex with, but it really subtracts from the meaning of this act. In reference to my friend in particular, I'm strongly against what she's doing because again I see that she's degrading herself and seling herself for a worthless guy(tool) who is using her as a piece of meat for his own sexual gratification. Sure she assures me that she is enjoying it for the same reasons, but either way in terms of pre-marital sex its my own view that sure its fine, but you should be making love to a person when you have some level of respect and mutual emotions for eachother.
 
Again, I may sound a little convoluted because I'm sooooo tired and I apologise if my views are contrary to that of the rest of AE... but hey I'm entitled to my own views, right?
�I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be� � Douglas Adams
Back to Top
pinguin View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 15239
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 23:23

If by free sex you mean I don't have to pay for pros anymore... deal.LOL

Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 00:02
And I would never date any woman who's been the school or office bicycle, I view such people as distinctly below me in the evolutionary scale and would never want to breed their lack of self control into my offsrping.
Back to Top
azimuth View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 3076
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 00:43
Sex has alot to do with emotions as it does with physical pleasure, so no i am against free sex (as it means in this thread).



Back to Top
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 01:19
I am as much for free sex as I am for free alcohol. In that only individuals who know how to control themselves and enjoy it responsibly should be automatically entitled to it (which means most of the population is not).

But anyway, my morals are for me, they aren't to be enforced on others and especially not over something as private as sex.
Back to Top
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Northern Europe
Status: Offline
Points: 4976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 01:40
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:


- It's all good and well saying that there are precautions that mitigate the liklihood of vennerial diseases, however, huge numbers of primitively promiscuious low-brows don't take such precautions and are thus responsible for the huge subsequent cost on the health service in providing facilities to deal with the consequences of their irresponsible sexual antics.
 
Veneral diseases are often more spread in countries where sex are not so free because of powerty, low education levels and traditional patterns of sexual behaviour where for example women many times cannot say no to sex.

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:


- The emotional repercussions of casual sex, especially for women, are actually pretty profound.
 
Its very individual. Many women have casual sex without being emotionally hurt. If they themselves choose to have casual relations they can mostly handle them. Those who do not want casual relations prefer to enter into more stable ones.

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

- Socially?  Well, "free sex" has burdoned the UK with the highest teenage birth rate in the civilised world.  Children unfortunate enough to have been born in such circumstances - from immature mothers and irresponsible juvenile fathers (if they are lucky enough to have a father) - who can barely read and write themselves - will most likely turn out to be career criminals and additionally burdon society.
 
Sweden has some of the most liberated sex in the world, still it has not especially high levels of teenage pregnancies. This is partly because sexual education in school which at least creates some awarness about the  dangers of unprotected sex. Also pill and other contraceptives are easily obtainable here.


Edited by Carcharodon - 10 Oct 2009 at 01:48
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 03:20
Quote Veneral diseases are often more spread in countries where sex are not so free because of powerty, low education levels and traditional patterns of sexual behaviour where for example women many times cannot say no to sex.


I know people wait for up to 3 hours to get tested here because there are such big queues, and the clinics are abundant - what goes on in sub-Saharan Africa is of absolutely 0 concern to me.

Besides who wants to put a piece of plastic on his cock to have sex?  I sleep with my girlfriend because I love her and because I know all I need to know about her and I know she is not some filthy skank under the surface. 

Who wants to be with such dirty 'free sex' people in the long run? yuck.




Edited by Zagros - 10 Oct 2009 at 06:42
Back to Top
Mixcoatl View Drop Down
King
King


Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Location: Poyais
Status: Offline
Points: 5041
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 06:04
Originally posted by egyptian goddess egyptian goddess wrote:

However deviating away form the issue of free sex for a moment and looking at allowing marriage between homosexual couples, I don't understand why its being pushed for so enthusiasticall. yes I understand that they should be entitled to the same rights as everyone, so I understand it from that point. But if marriage is considered a religious union in the sight of God, and for example in Christianity the bible makes it clear that God is against homosexuality- then I'm bemused as to why homosexual couples are so keen to get married.

Who says marriage is a religious thing? I know scores of people that are not one bit religious but that are married anyway. If churches don't want to marry people of the same sex they're free to to so, but for civil marriage it just doesn't hold water.

Anyway, even if one could have personal objections against 'free sex', no-one is to condemn any other's sexual behavior as long as it's all consentual. Of course if anybody wants to follow a more conservative sexual ethic for him or herself they're free to do so (after all, that's what 'free sex' should be about, having the right to chose your own sexual lifestyle), but society and the law should not interfere with anybody's personal sexual choices.
Back to Top
Al Jassas View Drop Down
King
King


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5000
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 07:45
Yeah right, VDs are so abundant here in Saudi Arabia that only 2000 new cases of AIDS were discovered in the last 4 years (testing for marriage and car license is obligatory).
 
Anyway, free sex is a recipy for disaster. The only party which will suffer is the woman and her future children who will result from this free relationship.
 
Al-Jassas
Back to Top
egyptian goddess View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
Avatar
AE Editor

Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 216
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egyptian goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 10:51
Okie... I think someone alluded to a good point that I was going to make last night but I don't think I made it clear. In relation to the example of my friend, the problem with using a guy or being used by a guy just for sex is problamatic particularly from the female's position. A guy could probably freely have sex with a girl and feel no emotional connection, no vulnerability and just does it purely for the sexual gratification. Conversely, a girl may proclaim she's doing it for the sexual gratification but I assure you she's doing it for more than that. Often girls who do things like that (and I'm not saying all the time, I can't speak on behalf of the female population) but often it is because of low self-esteem and the revert to freely having sexual relations (with nothing else) to reaffirm the esteem. In relation to my friend in particular, I know she's doing it for her self-esteem, despite what she says to the contrary. This certain guy she's doing is particularly hot, and while she's of course a beautiful girl she feels like having sex with such a hot guy will put her in a better position, will make her feel better about herself. It's sad and I hope she moves on from this phase of her life, but without talking about the obvious repurcussions of free sex (like unwanted children, self-persisiting cycle of poverty, STDs etc) such acts have significant repurcussions on a girl/woman's selfesteem, self confidence and emotions.
 
Also on the point of marriage, which Mix contested me on. I do understand that marriage is no longer a religious union, as it once was. But often people wanted to get married to legitimise their relationship, and if they're not religious- marriage is nothing (in my perspective, you probably disagree) but a piece of paper which both parties signed. Being religious myself, I perhaps have taken a cynical view though. I just don't see how marriage would change the relationship.
�I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be� � Douglas Adams
Back to Top
drgonzaga View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar
Plus Ultra

Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 6261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 11:00
What, no one coming to the defense of the world's oldest profession? Sex should not be free, it most certainly is not under the rules of marriage!
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Back to Top
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 396
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 20:04
Well first off thank the powers that be,for "latex.Its definitely a godsend since I cannot imagine the contraceptives and counter VD remedies sexual lovers had before the 20th century. By the way I am interested in how harlots defied the natural occurance of pregnancy,hmm I do wonder what innovative contraption could of stopped impreganation. This is how you know sexual workers were professionals before the 20 th century and were dedicated to their duty, it was necessary to be privy to much needed physical health remedies.

Plain and simple, male and females are adults so if they want to screw their life away its their business. I am not mad at what my friend is doing with his female accquantices and he isn't concerned with mine. I am not concerend with the sexual partners that a female I meet has had in ther past because it has nothing to do with the relations we have with each other. I am a man and if I'm sure potential partners are healthy, clean, and mentally stable then its a greenlight. I think its nonsense to blame MTV and Pop Culture for the recent liberal sporatic behavior as sexual habits of many people of the past may seem overbrearing.I think many people are insecure and intmidated by alot of other peoples escapdes. Especially males outlooks of females past.. Both women and men have yearning for sexual encounters, and both are can be really insecure to their wants and needs.

As a sexual active women may play a mixed game of hide &seek intertwined with Red Light Green Light 1,2,3 the sexual partners in past will remain secret as long as shes fit,since most men do not like a women who long list of partners in her past. As with alot of women like the most sought for male on the market and have a yearning for a guy with most scored stats on his MVP card

I really cannot denote prostitutes, they probably would be alot of angry soildiers out there during wartime and a lot of unmotivated sailors overseas. Do I think sex should be free, you could sell or buy anything on this planet, that doesn't mean a person or consumers will buy evrything sold. I for one will not buy everything.

As for womens esteem being affected by her sexual activity, that depends on the women.If she is doing it out of instant gratification for heself or vindictive revenge for one of her past partners, then she is out of character and can run into problems,because she is not being true with herself. Of she is sexually active because she makes connections with people faster than others, then thats her business.

It is a pinnacle that most Islamic countires to have a low rate of STDs . To each its own, if you don't like how the love life is in your country change your citizenship. (btw can someone explain harems and their purposes in the past)

As for the social static and friction that occurs with sexual women that is a hole other matter, sexual images,outrageous music videos, and allomony payments are social ills that have not been addressed by alot countries government in the correct manner. Many have overlooked these very descriptive factors.
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 22:09
Quote As for womens esteem being affected by her sexual activity, that depends on the women.If she is doing it out of instant gratification for heself or vindictive revenge for one of her past partners, then she is out of character and can run into problems,because she is not being true with herself. Of she is sexually active because she makes connections with people faster than others, then thats her business.


It's her business whatever she does, but I think you'll find most fall into your first category and it is mostly down to insecurity and emo problems which only get magnified by her being used as a bicycle by any man she is dumb enough to throw herself at.
Back to Top
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Northern Europe
Status: Offline
Points: 4976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 22:14
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:


Who wants to be with such dirty 'free sex' people in the long run? yuck.


 
Is that not somewhat prejudiced?
Back to Top
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Northern Europe
Status: Offline
Points: 4976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 22:24
Originally posted by Al Jassas Al Jassas wrote:

Yeah right, VDs are so abundant here in Saudi Arabia that only 2000 new cases of AIDS were discovered in the last 4 years (testing for marriage and car license is obligatory).
 
Well, in a prison the rates of new AIDS cases are also rather low.
 
In many African countries, and in the Phillipines and some South American countries there are a lot of cover up, and husch husch about sexuality out of religious and moralic reasons. Still (or because of that) many of these countries have big problems with AIDS and with unwanted pregnancies.
 
Originally posted by Al Jassas Al Jassas wrote:

Anyway, free sex is a recipy for disaster. The only party which will suffer is the woman and her future children who will result from this free relationship.  
Al-Jassas
 
Hardly, if the society sees to that there are resources like day care centers (so the women can work even if having children) and that the fathers pay allowances to their children even if they do not live together with their mother (often the kids stay with their mother). And in a world of contraceptives, sexual education and protective measurements noone has to be negatively affected by free sex between concenting adults.
 


Edited by Carcharodon - 13 Oct 2009 at 22:24
Back to Top
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Northern Europe
Status: Offline
Points: 4976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 22:29
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:



It's her business whatever she does, but I think you'll find most fall into your first category and it is mostly down to insecurity and emo problems which only get magnified by her being used as a bicycle by any man she is dumb enough to throw herself at.
 
It sounds that you do not think that a woman can have sexual desires of her own and that she is just a recipient for male sexuality.


Edited by Carcharodon - 13 Oct 2009 at 22:43
Back to Top
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 3602
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 22:31
Originally posted by Al Jassas Al Jassas wrote:

Yeah right, VDs are so abundant here in Saudi Arabia that only 2000 new cases of AIDS were discovered in the last 4 years (testing for marriage and car license is obligatory).
 


Which is on par with western Europe (and that is not taking into consideration that a large part of the cases were imported or acquired on visits to Africa). Just out of curiousity, why the obligation for a car licence?

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:


Who wants to be with such dirty 'free sex' people in the long run? yuck.



Certainly not me, but I wouldn't refer to those as "filthy skanks" either. Why so much hate?


Edited by Styrbiorn - 13 Oct 2009 at 22:33
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 00:37
Originally posted by Carcharodon Carcharodon wrote:

 
It sounds that you do not think that a woman can have sexual desires of her own and that she is just a recipient for male sexuality.


No it doesn't.  You're just making stuff up again.  I am a heterosecual man and I will not have a partner who is or has been a slut.  Other women can do whatever the hell they want to do. If I was a woman I would have the same view on man whores.

As I have said, however, it is much more of an emotional commitment for a woman to give her body than it is for a man.  This is a fact.  And if a woman gives her body away cheaply she will feel cheap and used, unless she is completely secure and knows what she is doing, such as a porn actress [edit: even many of those end up regretting their choices].  The same is not true for men as a general rule. 

If you have issues with this then take it up with evolution.

I am as against men sleeping around as I am against women doing it, but as I have stated, it is unequivocally a fact that women will suffer more as a result of sleeping around and should not do it under any circumstances unless they know what they are getting themselves into. A woman who is a slut by design or by insecurity has no place in my affections. End of.



Edited by Zagros - 14 Oct 2009 at 00:38
Back to Top
calvo View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain


Joined: 21 May 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 00:52
I have a couple of comments to make here:

1. every man and every woman should have the freedom with what they want to do with their body; and if I like a woman, I couldn't care less about how many men she had been with; so long as she does not flirt or mess around with others while she's with me.

2. Saying that, I think that Zagros has a point that women generally are more emotional when it comes to sexual relationships, and are also more selective for this very matter. Imagine if every sexual engagement has an sentimental price, she'd be more careful about who she goes with. In this sense I don't think that men and women are the same by nature; although this doesn't imply that men are "entitled" to more sexual freedom than women. When I was younger I thought everything was cultural and educational; but after several relationships and having a large number of female friends, I've come to the conclusion that the emotional needs of women are indeed different.
Back to Top
drgonzaga View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar
Plus Ultra

Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 6261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 01:11
Look folks, common sense tells you nothing in life is "free" and the thought that casual sex carries no consequences is utterly ludicrous. All sexual studies, even the fantasies elaborated in the 1940s by Kinsey and later Masters and Johnson, underscored that someone is out for "something" in any social interaction. Take a cue from the Wild Kingdom and soon you'll realize that all of this "free" sex is as much science fiction as "completely safe" prophylaxis.
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Back to Top
hugoestr View Drop Down
King
King

Most Glorious Leader of Muzhnopia

Joined: 14 Aug 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 5190
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 01:24
Yes
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 01:28
Originally posted by calvo calvo wrote:



2. Saying that, I think that Zagros has a point that women generally are more emotional when it comes to sexual relationships, and are also more selective for this very matter. Imagine if every sexual engagement has an sentimental price, she'd be more careful about who she goes with. In this sense I don't think that men and women are the same by nature; although this doesn't imply that men are "entitled" to more sexual freedom than women. When I was younger I thought everything was cultural and educational; but after several relationships and having a large number of female friends, I've come to the conclusion that the emotional needs of women are indeed different.


Exactly my stand point.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.173 seconds.