| FORUM | ARCHIVE |                    | TOTAL QUIZ RESULT |


  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UN 1947 Partition plan of Palestine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Welcome stranger, click here to read about some of the great benefits of registering for a free account with us and joining us in our global online community.


UN 1947 Partition plan of Palestine

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 17:03
Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Captain Vancouver View Drop Down
Council Member
Council Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver Isle
Status: Offline
Points: 2160
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Vancouver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 17:18
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.
 
 
I must confess, Mr B, that I find your historical pronouncements nothing short of astounding.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 18:14
Originally posted by Captain Vancouver Captain Vancouver wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.
 
 
I must confess, Mr B, that I find your historical pronouncements nothing short of astounding.

 Perhaps you could extrapolate on your post Capt.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12491
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 18:39
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Captain Vancouver Captain Vancouver wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.
 
 
I must confess, Mr B, that I find your historical pronouncements nothing short of astounding.

 Perhaps you could extrapolate on your post Capt.


Are all Texans as cutely quaint as you?! I think the word you're looking for is elaborate, not extrapolate.  Geek
"There was glory in pissing, Corabb decided as he watched the stream curve out and make that familiar but unique sound as it hit the ground." So true.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 18:48
 
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Captain Vancouver Captain Vancouver wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.
 
 
I must confess, Mr B, that I find your historical pronouncements nothing short of astounding.

 Perhaps you could extrapolate on your post Capt.


Are all Texans as cutely quaint as you?! I think the word you're looking for is elaborate, not extrapolate.  Geek

 
It means to expand or elaborate on say, a theory or idea, to actually pull out the logic of the argument and expand it to a larger degree for clarity.

Quaint ain't it.

Keep hanging with me kid. Another 6 months taking notes on my posts, and your IQ will jump 20 points. 


Edited by Buckskins - 02 Mar 2012 at 18:51
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
gcle2003 View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
PM Honorary Member

Joined: 06 Dec 2004
Location: Luxembourg
Status: Offline
Points: 13262
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 20:34
Originally posted by fusong fusong wrote:

Originally posted by gcle2003 gcle2003 wrote:

Moreover the early Jewish state was socialist and democratic, and promoted women's rights....


Now its on the verge of theocracy
 
True, which given the nature of orthodox Judaism means women's rights are taking a back seat too, let alone Palestinian ones. Even economically the swing has been to the right.
 
Even the US State Department has focussed on the problem of women's rights in Israel - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Israel#Women.27s_rights
 
 
Citizen of Ankh-Morpork.

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Sir Humphrey Appleby, 1984.

Back to Top
fusong View Drop Down
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 22:02
In my opinion I would hope that the Palestinians regain their lost homes remembering that they lived there a straight 1350 years. All Israel is of course is a western intrusion upon the middle east.
Every ideology has a kernel of truth and sea of whitewash.
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12491
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 23:34
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

 
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Captain Vancouver Captain Vancouver wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.
 
 
I must confess, Mr B, that I find your historical pronouncements nothing short of astounding.

 Perhaps you could extrapolate on your post Capt.


Are all Texans as cutely quaint as you?! I think the word you're looking for is elaborate, not extrapolate.  Geek

 
It means to expand or elaborate on say, a theory or idea, to actually pull out the logic of the argument and expand it to a larger degree for clarity.

Quaint ain't it.

Keep hanging with me kid. Another 6 months taking notes on my posts, and your IQ will jump 20 points. 


Awww, this is almost like telling a 7 year old Santa doesn't exist but... I have to do it, for everyone's sake.

I hope you'll forgive me one day... But that's not at all what it means.  It is a concept from mathematics used to calculate an unknown value from known values. In speech it is a loose synonym for the word "estimate".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extrapolate

So your aforementioned comment to the Capt., as with pretty much everything else you post here, makes no sense.



Edited by Zagros - 02 Mar 2012 at 23:38
"There was glory in pissing, Corabb decided as he watched the stream curve out and make that familiar but unique sound as it hit the ground." So true.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 17:26

[/QUOTE]

Are all Texans as cutely quaint as you?! I think the word you're looking for is elaborate, not extrapolate.  Geek
[/QUOTE]

 
It means to expand or elaborate on say, a theory or idea, to actually pull out the logic of the argument and expand it to a larger degree for clarity.

Quaint ain't it.

Keep hanging with me kid. Another 6 months taking notes on my posts, and your IQ will jump 20 points. 
[/QUOTE]

Awww, this is almost like telling a 7 year old Santa doesn't exist but... I have to do it, for everyone's sake.

I hope you'll forgive me one day... But that's not at all what it means.  It is a concept from mathematics used to calculate an unknown value from known values. In speech it is a loose synonym for the word "estimate".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extrapolate

So your aforementioned comment to the Capt., as with pretty much everything else you post here, makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

Zagros, of course it is used with mathematics.  Like many words in the English language,  that is not the sole use of the word . Now then, I said take notes, and stop interrupting your mentor.

extrapolate [ɪkˈstræpəˌleɪt]
vb
1. (Mathematics) Maths to estimate (a value of a function or measurement) beyond the values already known, by the extension of a curve Compare interpolate [4]
2. to infer (something not known) by using but not strictly deducing from the known facts


My invoice is in the mail.



Edited by Buckskins - 03 Mar 2012 at 17:30
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12491
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 20:53
You poor thing. Infer doesn't mean expand or elaborate either, at least in English.
"There was glory in pissing, Corabb decided as he watched the stream curve out and make that familiar but unique sound as it hit the ground." So true.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 23:31
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

You poor thing. Infer doesn't mean expand or elaborate either, at least in English.

My dear friend, I must tread carefully as I feel I'm about to be suspended.  So I shall be kind. Stop acting stupid because I know you're not.

I wish I was a moderator. You can get your fellow mod to give your opponent a warning. That's one way to win a debate I guess. Not you my semi literate friend. Done your homework?
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Bush Capital
Status: Offline
Points: 7830
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 00:15
I think that the difference between extrapolate and elaborate is irrelevant in this context. Its perfectly obvious what was meant. And lets face, the difference in meaning is so minor as to be interchangable.
 
Stop picking on the poor Americans and their Englishes Zagros.
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12491
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:09
The difference is not minor, especially not enough as to make them synonymous.  Does it make sense if I ask you to infer what you mean? No.

Extrapolate/infer and expand/elaborate are nowhere near being synonymous.  One means to deduce, the other means to explain further in this context and the latter is correct as I gently pointed out.
"There was glory in pissing, Corabb decided as he watched the stream curve out and make that familiar but unique sound as it hit the ground." So true.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 17:17
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim Omar al Hashim wrote:

I think that the difference between extrapolate and elaborate is irrelevant in this context. Its perfectly obvious what was meant. And lets face, the difference in meaning is so minor as to be interchangable.
 
Stop picking on the poor Americans and their Englishes Zagros.

 Thank you Omar. It's not easy communicating in a second language.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 17:28
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

The difference is not minor, especially not enough as to make them synonymous.  Does it make sense if I ask you to infer what you mean? No.

Extrapolate/infer and expand/elaborate are nowhere near being synonymous.  One means to deduce, the other means to explain further in this context and the latter is correct as I gently pointed out.



2. to infer (something not known){{What Capt means by his short post.{{ by using but not strictly deducing from the known facts.  The known facts are his post.

PS. English lessons are extra.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12491
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 22:54
English lessons are extra, huh? Shame you can't afford them. 

He can't infer the unknown of his own post because he already knows it - therefore he would expand or elaborate.  Duhhh.
"There was glory in pissing, Corabb decided as he watched the stream curve out and make that familiar but unique sound as it hit the ground." So true.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 23:33
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:



He can't infer the unknown of his own post because he already knows it

Which is why I asked him to extrapolate, because I didn't.

 
NB. Rest of text deleted for being irrelevant, boastful, and personal. This is a history forum: no-one is interested in how wealthy any poster may be.
Formatting also changed to conform to normal standards.


Edited by gcle2003 - 06 Mar 2012 at 10:25
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 00:09
Originally posted by Captain Vancouver Captain Vancouver wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Jas, I mean no disrespect my friend, but your post borders on the absurd.
 
In 1948, Arab armies attacked Israel after decades of encroachment, unwanted immigration, and land grabs by Jews in Palestine, culminating in an unfair partitition plan. They gained some land after more than a year of desperate struggle.

Who do those Israelis think they are, fighting back indeed.
 
In 1956, Israel plotted with France and Britain to re-take the Suez Canal. Israel hoped for some spin-off benefits by charging in through the back door. They were disappointed. They were forced to withdraw under US pressure.

This is true.
 
In 1967, Israel initiated a surprise attack on her neighbours, after being pressured on unresolved issues by Arab states, particularly Egypt. They did well. Easier of course if it is a surprise.

Not that much easier. Ref your first paragraph.
 
In 1973, Egypt attempted to get some of its land back. They almost did. Having nuclear weapons and a massive airlift of arms from the US certainly helped Israel in this case. The front line remained were it was.

Until Israel gave back the Sinai. 
 
1982- Israel killed a lot of people in Lebanon in its invasion, and pushed guerilla groups back for a time, but ultimately only added to the turmoil in that country. The rockets came crashing back down in....

Where is ....?
 
2006- This time results were even more mixed. Israel never did met all its goals, and guerillas and missiles remain.

That's for sure. They should have sent in their pros, instead of reservists and draftees. Please don't confuse " guerillas" with terrorists.
 
The image of Israel as a plucky little country that is fighting off warlike, crazed Arabs, and doing a remarkable job about it, is one that only has unquestioned acceptance in the US. Ever wondered why?

No, because you're wrong. The IDF is more than a match for any Arab country, or all of them. That's not saying much I guess. Given the prowess of the Arabs.
 
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
gcle2003 View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
PM Honorary Member

Joined: 06 Dec 2004
Location: Luxembourg
Status: Offline
Points: 13262
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:28
@Buckskins. Please learn to format your posts in the standard manner, using the quote-unquote facility the way it is intended. Otherwise in replying other people have to do it for you, or the responses become difficult to follow.
Citizen of Ankh-Morpork.

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Sir Humphrey Appleby, 1984.

Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
Kaveh ye Ahangar

Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: MidX,Engelistan
Status: Offline
Points: 12491
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 12:44
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:



He can't infer the unknown of his own post because he already knows it

Which is why I asked him to extrapolate, because I didn't.

 
NB. Rest of text deleted for being irrelevant, boastful, and personal. This is a history forum: no-one is interested in how wealthy any poster may be.
Formatting also changed to conform to normal standards.


He can't extrapolate something he already knows, he can only elaborate for others. However, you can extrapolate from what he's said since you're the one who doesn't know.  It's really not that complicated - how can you expect your opinions to be taken seriously when your grasp of language is so poor?


"There was glory in pissing, Corabb decided as he watched the stream curve out and make that familiar but unique sound as it hit the ground." So true.
Back to Top
gcle2003 View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
PM Honorary Member

Joined: 06 Dec 2004
Location: Luxembourg
Status: Offline
Points: 13262
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 16:34
Extrapolation is what you use when you figure out that N(1)=1 and N(2)=2 then N(3)= 3.
 
It is not explaining what that means.
 
Elaboration would be saying 'if the first value of array N equals one and the second value equals 2" instead of "if N(1)=1 and N(2)=2"
Citizen of Ankh-Morpork.

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Sir Humphrey Appleby, 1984.

Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:17
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:



He can't infer the unknown of his own post because he already knows it

Which is why I asked him to extrapolate, because I didn't.

 
NB. Rest of text deleted for being irrelevant, boastful, and personal. This is a history forum: no-one is interested in how wealthy any poster may be.
Formatting also changed to conform to normal standards.

Thank you Graham, you're most kind.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:26
Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:



He can't infer the unknown of his own post because he already knows it

Which is why I asked him to extrapolate, because I didn't.

 
NB. Rest of text deleted for being irrelevant, boastful, and personal. This is a history forum: no-one is interested in how wealthy any poster may be.
Formatting also changed to conform to normal standards.

Thanks again Graham.


He can't extrapolate something he already knows,

Because?

 he can only elaborate for others. However, you can extrapolate from what he's said since you're the one who doesn't know.  

PMSL

It's really not that complicated - how can you expect your opinions to be taken seriously when your grasp of language is so poor?

Do you always have to finish with your little digs? It shows a real lack of confidence in your own post. Now, enough is enough. I find you such a difficult student. When I tell you something, write it down.

May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Al Jassas View Drop Down
King
King


Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5000
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:30
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:


Who do those Israelis think they are, fighting back indeed.
 
 
Fighting back against the people who defended themselves from ther aggression that started in 46. Well before any Arab army entered Palestine, indeed before there were anything called an Arab army (only Jordan had an army which was fully commanded and officered by the British) ever existed.
 
 
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:


Not that much easier. Ref your first paragraph.
 
 
There were a grand total of 3k men in Sinai and less than 100 tanks on 7/6/67 (that is a tank regiment and an infantry bridage). Israel invaded with 2000 tanks and nearly 200k troops. I think it was that easy especially when the USSR foreign minister tells you "don't deploy your jets, Israel won't attack".
 
 
 
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:


Until Israel gave back the Sinai. 
 
 
After losing at least 5k KIA in just 20 days, over a third of its tank force, nearly two thirds of its air force, an entire corps with 500 tanks immobalised and with an Egyptian field army already inside Sinai, well supplied and continuously reinforced. I think they made a wise decision to "give it back".
 
 
 
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:


 

That's for sure. They should have sent in their pros, instead of reservists and draftees. Please don't confuse " guerillas" with terrorists.
 
As much as I hate the Hizbos, you got to give them credit. They destroyed 30 Merkavas, half the dead were from Special ops and the other half were from the Golani brigade and other "elite" units. The campaign failed (strategically that is) because it was ill planned (the invasion took place days after the attack on the patrol) and there was little preparation for it.
 
I'll give a second campaign won't be this disasterous but it won't be a cakewalk either.
 
 
 
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:



No, because you're wrong. The IDF is more than a match for any Arab country, or all of them. That's not saying much I guess. Given the prowess of the Arabs.
 
 
Believe me, the 23k dead Israeli soldiers and the 5k Americans would strongly disagree.
 
Al-Jassas


Edited by Al Jassas - 06 Mar 2012 at 17:31
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:38
If you say so Jas.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 18:21
Al Jassas, why does your wealthy country not do something to alleviate the poverty of the Palestinians.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
gcle2003 View Drop Down
WorldHistoria Master
WorldHistoria Master
Avatar
PM Honorary Member

Joined: 06 Dec 2004
Location: Luxembourg
Status: Offline
Points: 13262
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 20:40
Apparently Buckskins had nothing to add to this post. On the other hand I believe it wrongly attributes things to Zagros that he didn't write. Generally speaking it is just both confused and confusing. It could probably be cleaned up, but I'm tired of picking up after.
 
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:

Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Originally posted by Zagros Zagros wrote:



He can't infer the unknown of his own post because he already knows it

Which is why I asked him to extrapolate, because I didn't.

 
NB. Rest of text deleted for being irrelevant, boastful, and personal. This is a history forum: no-one is interested in how wealthy any poster may be.
Formatting also changed to conform to normal standards.

Thanks again Graham.


He can't extrapolate something he already knows,

Because?

 he can only elaborate for others. However, you can extrapolate from what he's said since you're the one who doesn't know.  

PMSL

It's really not that complicated - how can you expect your opinions to be taken seriously when your grasp of language is so poor?

Do you always have to finish with your little digs? It shows a real lack of confidence in your own post. Now, enough is enough. I find you such a difficult student. When I tell you something, write it down.

Citizen of Ankh-Morpork.

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Sir Humphrey Appleby, 1984.

Back to Top
Buckskins View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 22:29
See you later Graham. You will be missed...by some.
May you live as long as you want to,
and may you want to as long as you live.
Back to Top
Ribbaud View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
Avatar

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 25
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ribbaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:24
Originally posted by Buckskins Buckskins wrote:

Ya'al need to get use to the idea that Israel is here to stay. The Israel lobby is right behind the #1 in line, the NRA. As you know in the United States we have a great many Jewish people. Our country was built by Christian/Judeo immigrants and their offspring. Jews are woven into the very fabric of our country, and most of us are grateful for it. As long as there is a United States, there will be a strong prosperous Israel. Israel is the closest ally we have, and rightfully takes the #1 priority with us, It always will.


Yeah, they said that about Rome, The 3rd Reich, South Africa, the Soviet union...
Interesting how Israel is cosying up to the Chinese at the moment, getting ready to "desert the sinking ship" maybe?
Back to Top
josh1701 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard


Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh1701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 23:06
Jews have a long history of not only being present in Israel but of actually being the sovereign nation of the region.

--
Josh
https://payhip.com/b/O5Mf
https://www.facebook.com/IsraelHistoryMaps
--
https://payhip.com/b/O5Mf
https://www.facebook.com/IsraelHistoryMaps
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.